In 2010, I graduated from Pratt Institute with a BFA in Art Education, and a minor in Painting and Art History. I also studied Fine Arts for a semester at the Korean National University of Arts in Seoul. Art is my greatest passion, and living abroad the past four years has only amplified my creativity and exposed me to new techniques and ideas.
A few sites where my work has been published:
- Artist Interview: Sarah Shaw, Imminent Quarterly, winter 2014
- Intricate Map Installations and Travel Collages by Sarah Shaw, Wanderarti, 12.23.2013
- Een goed gevoel bij biokatoen, Het Parool, 5.13.2013
- Made in Bangladesh, [French] ELLE, 5.02.2013
- Learning Korean through Art, Chincha, 4.24.2013
- Sarah Shaw, [b]racket, February 2013 issue, (pgs. 24-27)
- “Global Perspectives” issue, Prattfolio, spring/fall 2010, (pg. 24)
- ‘Paper at the Edge of Art’, Jay Gallery, Seoul, South Korea, 2011
- ‘Gorham Community Art Show’, The Gorham Grind, Gorham, ME USA, 2010
- ‘Aanstormend Talent 2010’, Podium 0950, Rotterdam, The Netherlands, 2010
- ‘The Teacher as Artist’, Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY USA, 2009
- ‘37″36’07.68″ N-127″03’29.63″ E’, Korea National University of Arts, Seoul South Korea, 2009
- ‘Dual Painting Exhibition’, Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY USA, 2008
- ‘Portland Sidewalk Arts Festival’, Portland, ME USA, 2008
- ‘Young Artists Student Exhibition’, Portland Museum of Art, Portland, ME USA, 2005
Are you an artist, illustrator, designer or just an overall awesome person? Do you also create art on the road? Passing through Cartagena anytime soon? Reach out— maybe we could collaborate or sketch together.
-Text and photography by Sarah Shaw @ www.mappingwords.com. All rights reserved.