Why advertise on Mapping Words?
Mapping Words is geared towards independent travelers who are curious about the world and interested in overlooked places. This blog mainly appeals to long-term travelers, slow travelers and expats who have immersed themselves in a foreign country and have made quality connections with people and place abroad.
Most of my recent content is about living in South Korea and traveling through East Asia. The majority of my readers come from South Korea, but I also have a large amount of readers from the United States.
- International audience: Mapping Words appeals to creative, passionate travelers and expats around the globe. Because Mapping Words values high quality design and photography, it attracts non-native English speakers as well.
- Professional writing: My work has been published on well-known online travel magazines, such as Matador Network. I have completed the MatadorU travel writing course, and I edit and proofread each post with great care. For a list of published work, click here.
- Knowledge: I’ve lived on four different continents in the past six years, and I have a plethora of knowledge about travel and living abroad. I often write about the United States (Maine and New York), South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, China, the Philippines, Peru, and the Netherlands.
- High quality photography and design: I strive to make Mapping Words visually appealing for all my readers. I studied art in university, and I am passionate about combining my writing with engaging photographs and art. I select and edit only the highest quality photos to accompany the text on my posts.
- Flexibility: I publish travel-related content in a variety of styles, including narratives, destination articles, photo essays, art, service articles, interviews, and general musings.
- Frequent updates: I update Mapping Words at least once a week (usually more), and I share each article through a number of social networks, including Twitter, Facebook, Stumbleupon, and travel magazines/blogs where my writing has been published.
- Consistent growth: Mapping Words was created in November 2011. The readership has grown tremendously in a short amount of time, and it is continuously growing. See stats below.
- I am interested in publishing sponsored posts that fit the writing style and theme of my blog. I also will place ads on the sidebar with accompanying links. Links will not be permanent. Each sponsored post will expire after one year, and sidebar ads must be paid directly via Paypal on a monthly basis. Contact me to negotiate the details.
- I am interested in sponsors for future trips, specifically in Korea, since my readership is largely based here. It can be anything from a guided tour to accommodation vouchers. In return, I will publish a review or article with accompanying photos on Mapping Words with a link back to your website/ company. I will also give you permission to publish the said article or review on your own website. Each article from a sponsor is guaranteed to be honest, professional, well-written and visually appealing. I will never publish anything that hasn’t been edited and proofread thoroughly. A contact form is available here.
- I am a published writer, and I am always interested in travel writing commissions. I’m able to write in a variety of styles, including narratives, essays, service pieces, and photo essays. Currently, I am based in Seoul, South Korea, but I also write about other countries in east Asia, Peru and my hometown in Maine, USA. Please contact me for more information, or view my professional resume on LinkedIn.
-Text by Sarah Shaw @ www.mappingwords.com. All rights reserved.