FROM SURFING IN GANGWON-DO, to biking around an idyllic island in Jeonbuk, to picking persimmons in Jeonnam, I’ve compiled photos from all the trips I’ve taken as a way to thank Adventure Korea for all the opportunities they’ve given me to explore beyond Seoul this year. Adventure Korea trips are ideal for expats and backpackers on a budget, introducing you to many places that you’d never think of going. Without the help of Adventure Korea, I would have never known about bare-handed fishing contests and beaches with surfing. On each trip, I’ve met great people, and there’s always a soju-filled party in the evening. (Except for the templestay, of course.^^)
I hope these images inspire you to free yourself from your cozy dwelling on the weekends and discover all the beautiful places Korea has to offer.
If you’re interested in reading more, here’s a list of all the trips I’ve blogged about:
1. The Bokbunja festival, black raspberry picking and clamming, Jeollabuk-do
2. Biking on Seonyudo, Jeollabuk-do
3. Surfing, Gangwon-do
4. Rafting and Bungee Jumping, Gangwon-do
5. Sea kayaking, coasteering and deep sea fishing on Namhae, Gyeongsangnam-do
6. Farmstay, Jeollanam-do
7. The Beef Festival and water park, Gangwon-do
8. The Gochujang Festival and autumn hiking, Jeollabuk-do
9. Hiking Seoraksan, Gangwon-do
10. Templestay at Geumsansa, Jeollabuk-do
12. The Ice Fishing Festival, Gangwon-do
-Text, photography, and video by Sarah Shaw @ www.mappingwords.com. All rights reserved.